Cook Inlet Literacy Council conference & Classroom Awards 2019-2020
$500 Classroom Project Awards
Cook Inlet Literacy Council (CILC) provides to CILC members two classroom awards of $500.00 each for a project designed to promote literacy instruction.
Here are the guidelines:
1. One entry may be submitted by a teacher, teaching team, university student, or faculty group who is a member of CILC but not on the CILC board.
2. Proposals must have a title and a detailed summary which includes the purpose, specific learning goals, activities, a timeline, and an itemized projection of expenditures.
3. The proposal is for the 2019-2020 school year.
4. Entries must be typed and double-spaced. They may include illustrations and/or pictures.
5. A cover sheet must be attached that includes project title, teacher's name(s) (if a group, include all names), school name, and contact information.
6. Grant proposals are due on November 30, 2019.
7. Winners will be notified by December 12, 2019.
8. After implementation of the project in spring 2020, grant recipients are required to electronically submit a photograph and a brief write up to Malia Klein so it may be posted on the CILC website. Acceptance of the grant will also require grant recipients to attend a CILC meeting either on February 22, 2020 or in the 2020-2021 school year to briefly describe their project in a ten minute presentation.
9. CILC Classroom Project Award recipients from the previous two school years are not eligible for the award.
10. Please note: The award is a "personal award" to recipients. Therefore, per ASD policy, recipients may either: 1) purchase their desired items with the award money and donate them to their school for use; or 2) they can purchase their desired items with the award money and personally keep them, if they claim it as income on a 1099 under miscellaneous income.
11. Send grant proposals to: Malia Klein, CILC Awards Chair
Via: Inter-school mail, email (email@example.com) or fax (742-5399)